Some travelers try to leave a pet with family while they are on vacation, but there are those who prefer to take a pet to different countries. If you want to travel to Greece with animals, you need to prepare in advance. Doctors recommend to conduct worming 2-3 weeks before your journey by the vaccine, which will protect your pet from the most serious diseases. Also, be sure the animal is vaccinated against rabies — a terrible and very common illness. All vaccines should be made not later than 1 month before the upcoming trip.
You also need a veterinary passport. It is a book, where the doctor puts stamp of vaccination, and you write your notes on the health of your pet. The document must be in the proper form and print readable. Each country has the right to establish a list of required documents, for Greece it is:
- international veterinary passport, strictly established form;
- veterinary certificate (not earlier than 10 days before traveling abroad);
- translation of the certificate in English or French (can be ordered in any translation agency);
- get vaccinated against rabies (not earlier than 15 days before the departure, not later than 1 year).
- your animal have to be chipped.